Thursday, January 15, 2009

I might have to move soon.

I'm going to either find two roommates or move out in the next 3 days. It's quite stressful, because I want to stay here, but I can't if I don't find 2 roommates.

I knew my roommates were moving, but there are so many other things I have to deal with that I wouldn't have to put up with in America, it's really frustrating. I'm most certainly aware this is not America, but I was surprised at how different room sharing is in Japan from a legal aspect. The deal is if I stay, I have to sign a new contract and get a new co-signer who has to be Japanese with a gaurentour that is within Japan.. I was expecting that but what caught me off guard is the new roommates would have to pay a fee for the new contract which will be somewhere between one month's rent (about $1410 total) and $7000. One month is acceptable (and affordable), but the higher end of that spectrum is way too much to bear and I'm not sure I can find two people willing to pay $3500.

But, if I don't find 2 people, I have another place to stay. The problem is I won't have my own room, but it will be in a pretty nice place and probably only temporary.

The most frustrating thing is I'm graduating in May, and I'm not sure what my plans are after that, so I might find a great job somewhere else. The odds are I'm staying in this city, but I can't say for sure.

No comments: