Saturday, February 23, 2008

Busy times.

Things have been quite busy lately. Now that I'm healthy, I've been getting out more and doing some of my favorite things.

I've been meeting a TON of new people at school. It's almost getting out of hand, but I really like it. It's a bit weird, though. I've never met this many cool people at once. It's a bit overwhelming. It's also a bit strange, as this is what I expected to happen as soon as I got to school, not a semester later. Oh well. Whatever.

So, what have I been doing? Well, I haven't been taking a lot of pictures. I've been going to places I've already been to, and spending more time enjoying people's company and less time seeing new things. Not to say my spirit of exploration is dying, but I've been enjoying my company more than new sites.

I did see something new the other day. I've studied subliminal advertising before, but I've never seen something like this. Here's an ad for (I think) pachinko. I know they're Avengelion characters.

Why is that robot's hand located THERE of all places? I'm sure that's not an accident.

Anyways, 2 weekends ago, my friend's mom was in town. We took her around and showed her some of our favorite sites. One of which was the Village Vanguard Diner. I've been there 2 times before, but I never noticed the odd spelling on the sign.

Vilidg?? Huh? Sure it sounds the same, but it's... Well, nevermind. And is that spelled "Vanga:d"? Well, whatever. It's the same as the Shimokitazawa sign.

And of course, it's not the spelling of the sign that matters. It's this:

That has avocados, chili, and salsa on it. It was great.

Later on, we went to Harajuku. We saw the rockers there, as I've seen before, but they were REALLY rocking out. It was quite amazing. Also, in front of them was this:

That looks out of place in America, but in Japan, it looks REALLY out of place.
Also, in that day we went all around Harajuku, Shinjuku, Shibuya, and Kichijoji. It was a lot of walking and it felt great to get outside and get a lot of exercise. Too bad it's bitterly cold still.

The next day, I went to go see one of the most enjoyable bands I know. They're called (I think) BB Mojaco.

They are truly delightful people and a ton of fun to watch preform. The first time I saw them play, we hung out afterwards and it was a blast. This time was on a holiday Monday (I had off on Tuesday, but they didn't), so there wasn't that much hanging out, but it was still a blast.

Other than that, I've been doing a lot of normal things. I went to this amazing bar last night that was filled to the brim with a ton of weird toys and lighters and just wacky things. I'll probably go back, so I'll take pictures then.

I've been lazy all day today. I was going to go out, but the wind is blowing like I've never seen before. It's pretty crazy, actually.

Anyways, that's my life now. I think I left a shirt or two hanging up to dry. Now I need to see if I can find them.

No comments: