Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Thursday night dining.

I've been really busy this week. I don't know what happened, but after midterms, I just got slammed by homework. Today (Wednesday the 24th) I had a paper and a presentation due combined with a ton of homework. I finally have a chance to breathe, so here I go.

On Thursday, I was feeling pretty worn out. It had been a pretty gloomy week weather wise, and I was just dying to do some exploring. After I got out of school, I headed back to the river hoping I'd see a nice sunset.

I really like the river area near my house. It's maybe 3/4 of a mile from my house, and the walk there is quite interesting. One thing you pass is a high school.

There's always a bunch of high school kids walking around.

I kept walking, but sadly the weather had been getting worse, and the sun had been fully covered by the clouds.

I went a different direction, and it was pretty different. I got to see a big blue bridge...

And a big blue something.

So, a few days ago I noticed this restaurant one train station up and the name intrigued me.

For those that know, as far as food goes, I truly am a southerner at heart. When I see the words "Soul Food" outside of the south, I get quite curious.

I wanted to know if I could get something that reminds me of Alabama's fine dining here in Tokyo.

Curry and Bourbon? To me, curry doesn't exactly say 'soul food', but I'm well aware I'm in Tokyo and not Alabama to me but the menu looked good, so I stopped in.

The place looked pleasant on the outside and the inside was amazing. It was super cramped and tiny with the walls lined with bottles of bourbon from around the world, but mostly the US. There was also a ton of pictures, including a picture book of different restaurants from around Japan, I assume. I ordered the steak, as it was one of the few things that there was a picture of. The steak was amazing. It was the best steak I've had in a long time, and was marinated and grilled to perfection. Thinking about that place makes my mouth water.

And before I left, I had to try some of this:

Homemade bourbon fudge pie. It looked great, and it was. It was amazingly rich, and quite the treat.

So, while I may not have been able to view a nice sunset, I did get a chance to find an amazing place to eat within walking distance from my house.

No comments: